Sr. Systems Administrator
Mandate: Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommend the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigate and analyze feasibility of system requirements and develop system specifications. Identify methods, solutions and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to our clients.
· Manage the day-to-day operations of multiple mission critical systems by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensure that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Apply revisions to host system firmware and software, works with vendors to assist support activities.
· Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Train technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
· Perform troubleshooting as required. As such, lead problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
· Establish, maintain and manage users accounts. Install, modify and maintain systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provide server support related to other software.
· Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
· Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
· Develop procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
· Develop tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support and Systems Development staff to assist with work.
· Stay current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommend ways for the company to take advantage of new technology.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledge of: Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; Windows system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools; effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
· Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively
Education and/ or Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Experience with SQL, Lawson, Hyperion, BI may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Three to five years work experience in complex systems design, programming and systems software and support.