Rights and Clearances Coordinator
Job Type :
Start Date :
End Date :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
BA degree required
Job Industry :
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Job Description :
Our cable client is looking for a Right and Clearances Coordinator for their busy clearance department. This is a long term contract with the potential to become permanent. This ideal client is organized and thrives is a large volume, fast paced environment. Attention to detail is critical, as is the ability to read and understand contracts. Familiarity with the clearance of music, photography and video rights is a plus. Responsibilities include:
- Inputting information contained in program series binders into department database
- Identifying rights needed to be cleared
- Researching clearance issues
- Negotiating with rights holders including individuals, music publishers, studios and production houses
Required Qualifications :
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience with database management concepts and high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Collaborative, creative thinker who is also solutions oriented, resourceful and proactive.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time, and meet strict deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- The ability to synthesize information into a clear, concise, digestible form.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Four year college degree or equivalent combination of experience required.