Manager of Post Production Facility Operations and Content Management
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Start Date : 06/26/2017
End Date : 07/28/2017
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5-10
Required Education : BA Communications Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Job Description :
Our media client, is looking for an evening shift Media Library Clerk for a special project with the company's Media Library. This is a 3-6 month project and will entail
- Primary backup to the Director of Prodution Facility Operations and Content Management.
- Primary contact for producers, distributors and EIC’s regarding questions and
- issues related to technical specification, delivery guidelines, etc.
- Develop and manage workflows for the accurate tracking, encoding, transcoding and retrieval of file and tape based media.
- Review technical QC Reports and approve programs for air; or coordinate
- replacement or editing.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of all original programs by serving as the
- liaison between outside producers and network.
- Create series and titles and enter episode descriptions in the Sims program
- management database.
- Weekly reports, updating the status of deliverables for all acquired/original programs, edit needs, and potential re-deliveries.
- Coordinate Standards & Practices’ review of movie screeners.
- Provide primary media management support for network's news broadcast.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
- Must be a self-starter able to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication required.
- Understanding of production process and network clocks.
- Understanding of media file types and ability spot check content.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work unscheduled overtime as needed.
- Legal right to work in the US.
- Prior experience working in operations and/or production.
- Familiarity with technical specifications, communicating with distributors/production companies regarding delivery of show assets, and asset management.
- At least 5 years of experience, working in the Cable industry in the area of media library, QC, post production or production management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communications required.
- Experience with Media Asset Management software or Nesbit Library System is a plus.