Contract Instructional Design
Our client, a preeminent educational institution in Washington DC has asked up to assist them in recruiting two Instructional Designers. One position is a 3 month contract and the other is a contract with the potential to go full time. This role will support the University's academic community in the conceptualization, design, and development of its online and hybrid courses. This position is highly suited to someone who has experience in working in higher education utilizing the latest instructional technology, design theories and teaching strategies.
- Guides and supports faculty in development of teaching and learning strategies using the latest technology and design theories.
- Designs, develops, and delivers workshops and training sessions to faculty and professional staff on instructional design topics.
- Assists with the coordination of instructional development project teams and ensures project deadlines are met.
- Develops documentation and other materials supporting instructional design principles and practices, ensuring that instructional activities link with the stated learning objectives.
- Assist in developing assessment measures to evaluate the instructional effectiveness of various design approaches.
- Bachelors degree; Masters preferred
- 3 years instructional design experience
- Familiarity with Blackboard, interactive media and course design software
- Knowledge of teaching and of adult learning theories and concepts
- Demonstrated experience using instructional technology and a Learning Management System for the development of learning content