Business Development and Logistics
The Sales and Business Development Executive will focus on sales related to the shipments of international development, relief and aid to primarily developing countries worldwide. The position will:
· Target clients will be US government agencies and contractors to those agencies, especially US Department of State, USAID and USAID’s Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance.
· Target clients will also be NGOs working in international development, relief and aid.
· Be responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities.
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Take ownership of the management of the sales and marketing functions of the business.
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth.
- Work toward stringent targets by adopting a professional and knowledgeable approach to each new business call.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets.
- Work with Team to develop shipment and project quotations.
- Work with Team on proposals.
Personal Qualifications and Experience Desired:
• 5 years’ experience, with at least some of that time in sales with proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
• 3-5 years experience with freight forwarding operations
• Some experience with direct management of shipments and interfacing with overseas agents and offices.
• Prior experience selling to the US Department of State, USAID or USAID’s Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance is highly desired.
• Experience with generating new sales leads and in following up on sales leads
• A firm understanding of the requirements and management of price quotations
• Proven proposal writing ability
• Ongoing sales account management
• Pre-existing contacts and a large rolodex within the technical assistance and relief community is highly preferred.
• Bachelors Degree Preferred
• Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
• Must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment
• Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
Personal Characteristics: The ideal candidate must be innovative, entrepreneurial, self-motivated and results driven. The incoming Director must be willing to roll up his or her sleeves and work side-by-side with the Vice President and the entire Operations Team. An appreciation of the inherent and intrinsic value of the Company brand and recognition of the international mission of Company is highly desired.
The ideal candidate will be committed to constant and never-ending improvement. A proactive and proficient communicator, the ideal candidate excels at building and fostering relationships with clients and prospects alike. The incoming Sales Executive must possess a sense of urgency and be able to translate that urgency into results. This is a role where “thinking outside the box” as it pertains to business development is the rule and not the exception.